Friday, April 12, 2013

the weekly juice

I've always loved grapefruit juice. 
I think it's one of those things.....you love it, or you hate it.
We've been talking a lot about juice lately....juice gets a bad rap. So many of the juices you buy at the store are full of things that aren't......well......juice.

Take this for example. Here are the ingredients off a bottle of store bought grapefruit juice:
Filtered Water, Grapefruit Juice Concentrate, Grape Juice Concentrate, Apple Juice Concentrate, Grapefruit Pulp, Calcium Gluconate, Calcium Lactate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Red 40.

And here is grapefruit juice made at home....
 www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Not Your Mama's Ruby Red
1 grapefruit, peeled
1 lemon, peeled
2 carrots (more if you want it a bit sweeter)
1/2" piece of ginger

bonus: add in some apple if you're not a lover of grapefruit's bitterness
double bonus: great with a piece of beet thrown in (I love beet in just about anything)

Juice CAN be a part of a healthy diet, as long as it's full of only good-for-you, and REAL ingredients.

What are you juicing this week?


Happy Weekend! 
Let's see what it looks like.....tag your weekend photos #howweweekend on Instagram....maybe we can see some spring!


Want more Juice?

6 comments:

Rachael said...

That's what I love about your recipes! You only use REAL ingredients in them!
That juice looks pretty good, even though I'm not a huge fan of grapefruit!

Nicki Woo said...

mmmm. . .sounds good.

But still my all time fave is the green one you did with spinach or kale, lemon, and apples. So gooooooddd!

Kenny said...

I was never a fan of grapefruit until I joined a local CSA. The grapefruit came out of San Diego and got to me a couple days after it left the tree. Only then did I realize what a REAL grapefruit was supposed to taste like!

MeghanF said...

Behind on posts, this one looks great! do you juice the grapefruit and lemon rind and all? or do you peel them first? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Excellent post! I must thank you for this informative read. I hope you will post again soon.Kind regard Calcium Lactate Gluconate#

oliver said...

Hi There,
Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
Remember the joy and playfulness found in life’s journey! To provide pure experience, kanha treats uses the highest quality co2 extracted.
EMAIL:info@cookiesonlineshop.com
Click here for more information:- more info